Plantronics MX500C Mobile Headset
The award-winning MX500C mobile headset from Plantronics gives you high-performance sound for clearer calls. The MX500C features a pivoting WindSmart voice tube that reduces wind noise and allows you to position it for optimal sound clarity.
Inline mute and volume controls offer the ability to get every call just right.
the MX500C's Flex Grip design provides you with a secure and comfortable fit for extended wear. This headset will work with headset-ready cordless phones with 2.5mm headet jacks and it is compatible with many headset-ready mobile phones with 3.5mm headset jacks including Nokia, Audiovox, Kyocera, LG, Motorola, Samsung and Apple smartphones.
A 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter cable (not included) may be required to use this headset with your smartphone.
Plantronics MX500C Features
- For headset-ready cordless phones
- Special microphone boost technology adds extra volume to your voice
- Under-ear wearing style fits comfortably with prescription or sunglasses
- Pivoting voice tube ensures perfect positioning for crisp, clear communication
- Features a one-touch listening and speaking volume control
- Inline mute
Frequently Asked Questions about the Plantronics MX500C headset
- What are the reviews like for the MX500C?
- Can you connect the MX500C to a computer?
- Can you connect the MX500C to a smartphone?
- Can you connect the MX500C to a tablet?
- Can you connect the MX500C to a cordless phone?
- Can I use it with my office desk phone?
- Does it have a volume control?
- Does the MX500C have a mute feature?
- What is the Flip Grip earbud?
- Can I wear it while doing sports?
- Will this work on my motorcycle?
- Is it comfortable enough to wear all day?
- What is the difference between over the ear and under the ear?
- Can I wear my glasses while wearing the MX500C?
- Does it have a battery?
- What is a voice tube?
- Can I wear it on either side of my head?
- How long is the cord?
Q: What are the Reviews Like for the MX500C?
A: The Plantronics MX500C has average ratings between 3.7 ~ 4.3 stars. These ratings are from users and users of the headset. As with all ratings, results are averaged, so while many people may find this headset a good value, there are other people who have had issues with it. Your experience will be unique to you, and we hope that you find the MX500C to be a good value.
Q: Can you connect the MX500C to a computer?
A: The plug on the Plantronics MX500C is 2.5mm in diameter, so you will need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter to connect it to a laptop or computer audio input/output jack.
Q: Can you connect the MX500C to a smartphone?
A: Smartphones typically have a 3.5mm jack for headphones and corded headsets, so you will very likely need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapterto connect to most smartphones.
Q: Can you connect the MX500C to a tablet?
A: Similar to smartphones, tablets like the Apple iPad and Samsung's Note series have a 3.5mm jack for headphones and corded headsets, so you will need a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapterto connect to most tablets.
Q: Can you connect the MX500C to a cordless phone?
A: Absolutely! Most cordless phones for consumer and business that have headset jacks (not all do) will have a 2.5mm diameter jack for headsets. The MX500C has a 2.5mm jack and it is primarily designed to be used with cordless phones.
Q: Can I use it with my office desk phone?
A: That depends on your phone. If your deskphone has a 2.5mm male jack plug (the same kind you'd find on a cordless phone handset), then you're in luck. If you have an IP phone that accepts a USB headset, then you can purchase a 2.5mm male jack to USB adapter which will give you the ability to connect your MX500C to your office phone.
Q: Does it have a volume control?
A: The Plantronics MX500C features an inline one-touch volume control.
Q: Does the MX500C have a mute feature?
A:The Plantronics MX500C features an inline one-touch mute control.
Answers to the rest of the questions are coming shortly!