Mitel MiVoice 5540 IP Attendant Console
For MiVoice Business or SX-200 Systems
Mitel's MiVoice 5540 IP Console is an economical console for use with the MiVoice Business solution or Mitel's SX-200 IP Communications Platform.
This economical console is an ideal attendant solution for small and medium businesses as well as hospitality providers in the hotel /motel industries.
Affordability, simplicity, and a broad range of standard and specialty functions make this console a smart choice.
The MiVoice 5540 features a highly-visible backlit tilt display with 14 fixed function keys dedicated to basic and enhanced call-handling activities. An additional 10 softkeys control access to the attendant features through call state sensitive keys. The console can also be connected remotely via the MiVoice Border Gateway and Mitel Teleworker Solution, providing attendants the ability to work anywhere and anytime.
In Mitel SX-200 environments, two 48-button Mitel IP Programmable Key Module 48 units can be attached to provide up to 96 additional Direct Station Select (DSS) / Busy Lamp Field (BLF) keys. Two integrated headset / handset jacks also give users the ability to leave their desks while taking calls.
Combine the Mitel 5540 IP Console with Mitel's 5505 Cordless IP Guest Phones and MiVoice Business for a cost-efficient hotel / motel phone system.
Mitel MiVoice 5540 IP Console Base Features:
- Highly visible, four-line, 80-character, backlit, tilt display shows date, time, call status information, calling line identification, and calls waiting
- 14 fixed function keys dedicated to basic and enhanced call-handling activities
- 10 softkeys that control access to the attendant features through call state sensitive keys
- Support for the MiVoice Border Gateway and Mitel Teleworker Solution allowing the console to be connected remotely, providing attendants with the ability to work anywhere, and any time
- Multiple call hold positions and line appearances
- Mitel Intelligent Directory and Mitel Live Content Suite applications support
- Support for Mitel Teleworker Solution, Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) agent and supervisor, hot desking, and resiliency
- Direct connection of 48-button Mitel IP Programmable Key Module 48 (PKM), providing up to 96 additional Direct Station Select (DSS) / Busy Lamp Field (BLF) keys (SX-200 ICP only)
- Third-party cordless headset integrated functions include: Call Answer, Call Cancel, Audio Controls, and training mode support
- Access to integrated Mitel Hospitality features including room status, guest telephony privileges, automatic wake-up calls, room to room call blocking, occupancy status, guest check-in / check-out, guest reports and many more hotel / motel functions
- Hands-free speakerphone operation (full duplex)
- Supports multiple languages for global customers: English, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese
- Resiliency support with the MiVoice Business solution (only)
- Secure Call Recorder Connector (SCRC) support as well as standard Record-a-Call functionality (MiVoice Business only)
- Two integrated headset / handset jacks
- Dual-port IP console (10/100 MB switched Ethernet) - connect a computer and a console with a single Ethernet drop
- Multiple powering options (IEEE 802.3af compliant)
- Power conservation design: reduces power consumption for overall energy savings
Additional Advanced Attendant Functions
In addition to basic call handling, the MiVoice 5540 console empowers the attendant to:
- Speak to multiple parties through conference calling
- Speak with parties in the conference individually through call splitting
- Page external paging equipment with overhead paging
- Page individual extension numbers using their telephone speaker with extension paging
- Change / clear users' status to "Do Not Disturb"
- Set / clear "Call Forward Always" on an extension
- Clear Call forward Always, Do Not Disturb, and Message Waiting indications across all
- View system alarms and emergency call alarms
Mitel 5540 IP Attendant Console Compatibility:
- MiVoice Business (formerly Mitel Communications Director) solution or Mitel SX-200 IP Communications Platform (ICP)
Mitel 5540 Attendant Console Documentation: