Cisco 7940G Unified IP Phone
Cisco 7940G IP Phone (CP-7940G) is multiprotocol-enabled to support Session Initiated Protocol (SIP), Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP), as well as the Cisco Unified CallManager Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP). The Cisco 7940G Unified IP phone has a large pixel-based display to bring productivity-enhancing applications to the phones, as well as customization options that can be modified as needs change, and provide inline power support over Ethernet.
An important offering in the IP phone portfolio, the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G addresses the communications needs of a transaction-type worker. It provides two programmable line and feature keys, plus a high-quality speakerphone.
The Cisco 7940G Unified IP Phone also has four dynamic soft keys that guide users through call features and functions. A built-in headset port and an integrated Ethernet switch are standard with the Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G. The phone also includes audio controls for the full-duplex speakerphone, handset, and headset. This phone also features a large, pixel-based LCD display that provides information such as date and time, calling party name, calling party number, and digits dialed.
7940G Unified IP Phone Features:
- 2 programmable line and feature buttons
- 24+ user-adjustable ring tones
- Comfort noise generation and voice activity detection (VAD) programming on a system basis
- Adjustable display contrast
- Integrated headset jack
- The graphic capability of the display allows for the inclusion of such features as XML (Extensible Markup Language) and future features.
Cisco 7940 IP Phone Compatibility:
- Cisco Call Manager Version 3.3(2) and later, using the Skinny Client Control Protocol (SCCP) protocol
- SIP (RFC 2543)
- Cisco Call Manager/Call Manager Express Users:
Spare or replacement telephone without license
Pre-loaded with SCCP for use with Cisco Call Manager / Call Manager Express
- SIP Users:
Can choose SIP protocol for use with SIP enabled IP PBX systems (e.g. Asterisk, etc.)
Cisco 7940 IP Phone Documentation:
We can source any item, even from brands that are not represented on our website.